Dynamic positioning (DP) is now the standard means of position-keeping for vessels and rigs operating offshore.
Safe positioning is vital to prevent injury, asset damage and environmental pollution. In a dynamic positioning system, the vessel’s position and heading are automatically controlled by computers, through a complex and integrated network of mechanical, electrical and electronic systems and sub-systems.
Our Dynamic Positioning (DP) assurance and FMEA/FMECA services are used on all types of offshore support vessels, from large drill ships to smaller high-speed offshore crew boats. Our clients include oil companies, offshore contractors, ship owners, shipyards and trade organisations, as well as other stakeholders in the DP sector.
Our global network of DP specialists has a strategic presence in all major offshore oil and gas locations. We provide vessel owners, customers and charterers with the skills and expertise to ensure the safety of DP vessels.
We work to international, national, class, International Marine Contractors Association (IMCA) and Marine Technology Society (MTS) standards and guidance, as well as equipment-specific regulations–such as those for diving or crane equipment–and our own technical guidance notes.
We are one of the industry leaders in developing and adopting innovative analytical processes to ensure the fault tolerance of DP systems. We are a leading advisor in the application of DP operating processes, such as critical activity mode (CAM), task appropriate mode (TAM) and activity specific operating guidelines (ASOG); and we provide DP vessel owners and oil companies with comprehensive DP assurance services and processes to protect their assets.
What you get:
- DP design reviews and redundancy analysis
- Failure mode and effects (FMEA) services, including fault simulation
- Failure mode, effects and criticality analysis (FMECA)
- Manuals, procedures and training
- Annual DP trials according to IMCA and MTS guidelines
- DP incident and equipment failure investigations
- Diving equipment system inspection guidance note audits (DESIGN)
- Pipe-lay systems analysis
- Risk-based CAM, TAM, ASOG and WSOG
- DP charter suitability studies, including regulatory guidance
- DP capability and thruster sizing studies.