InterContinental hotel Madrid
Quando:12 January - 13 January 2016Add to calendar 2016/01/12 08:00 2016/01/13 17:00 ENG 2016 - Sustainable development in the food and beverage industry With issues like climate change, CSR, traceability and diminishing resources on the table, companies are seeking out the most viable and sustainable solutions to be ready for the challenges of tomorrow.
This only adds the event to your calendar, please remember to register for this event. InterContinental hotel Madrid https://www.facebook.com/events/703782616363133 false YYYY/MM/DD akeGphYOczrmtQTfhmEQ22349
- Website: http://www.engevents.com/sustainable-food-2016
The world population is projected to exceed 9 billion by 2050 and the food & beverage industry has to face the issue of feeding this growing world in the most sustainable way.
This summit will bring together leading sustainability executives from some of the largest food producers, retailers and suppliers. We will take a closer look at how sustainability initiatives are being fostered and even acting as a paradigm shift to business as usual.
Key topics this year include:
- Supply Chain resilience throughout the product life cycle
- Resource scarcity: water crisis around the globe
- Aligning sustainability efforts and practices internally
- Establishing precompetitive alliances
- Responsible sourcing through collaboration and partnerships
- GMO use and its global reputation
- Climate change and its effect on sustainable business
DNV GL will in collaboration with Ferrero host a session on responsible sourcing and discuss:
- Emerging trends and challenges in the food & beverage industry
- The key role of responsible procurement
- The Italian hazelnut supply chain project